Why Are There All These Blank Spaces?

You may notice that in some of my posts there are blank spaces in the reviews. These are spoilers that I've written so I can remember important details of the books when I want to read the sequel. I've made the text a beige color to blend in with the background so you won't accidentally see something you don't want to. If you want to read it, just highlight the section to make the text appear - although you should really just read the book yourself! :)

Monday, January 12, 2009

Shadow Kiss

by Richelle Mead


The third book in the Vampire Academy series, Shadow Kiss, continues the story of Rose and best friend Lissa.

I really liked this entry in the series. There was a lot going on, and we got to see more of Adrian, who was introduced in the previous book and is a pretty interesting character. There's a lot going on in this book and a lot of it readers are left to try to figure out for themselves. Secret societies, ghost sightings, dark auras, spirit magic....it's all connected but Mead doesn't tell us how until the end.

However, the end is just terribly sad! This is not the end of the series, so I'm dying to know what the author is going to do with this twist she's thrown in. I'm sure it will be very interesting, but I'm not sure we have the almost-guaranteed "happy ending" that Stephenie Meyer's vampires got. I'm okay with a little sadness, but I don't know, I may be mad by the time this whole series is over. I'm holding out hope that she's got some sort of twist up her sleeve. Now we wait til August! Grr...I hate waiting!

No comments: