Why Are There All These Blank Spaces?

You may notice that in some of my posts there are blank spaces in the reviews. These are spoilers that I've written so I can remember important details of the books when I want to read the sequel. I've made the text a beige color to blend in with the background so you won't accidentally see something you don't want to. If you want to read it, just highlight the section to make the text appear - although you should really just read the book yourself! :)

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cindy Ella

by Robin Palmer


Well this is totally different from what I've been reading lately! No magic, no mythical creatures, no ghost or mysterious happenings or anything. Just a girl who's kind of a social outcast, her two equally un-hip friends, and a letter to the editor of the school paper disparaging the annual tradition of prom.

This book was funny, predictable, and a pretty quick read. The main character, Cindy Ella Gold is our narrator, and she provides many laughs throughout her documentation of the weeks preceding prom at her posh LA high school (Castle Heights - isn't that just hilare?). The "surprise" at the end was anything but surprising to me - I saw it coming from nearly the first page - but it was still enjoyable.

No comments: