Why Are There All These Blank Spaces?

You may notice that in some of my posts there are blank spaces in the reviews. These are spoilers that I've written so I can remember important details of the books when I want to read the sequel. I've made the text a beige color to blend in with the background so you won't accidentally see something you don't want to. If you want to read it, just highlight the section to make the text appear - although you should really just read the book yourself! :)

Monday, January 12, 2009

Bewitching Season

by Marissa Doyle


I'm getting behind on this blog again, mainly because I've been totally absorbed in my books for the past week!

The book Bewitching Season by Marissa Doyle comes to me (big surprise here) from Dani!

It's a fun little trip into Regency England, with the added twist that the two main characters (twins Persephone and Penelope Leland) can do magic! Think Hermione Granger meets Elizabeth Bennett.

I thought it was a cute idea, but it did seem that the two vastly different genres had trouble mixing at points in the book. For large sections it read mostly like a Regency novel with the magical aspect almost forgotten. But all in all it was fun and different from anything I'd read before and I'm looking forward to the sequel! Oh, and Lochinvar has a weird name, but he's awesome. 'Nuff said.

No comments: