Why Are There All These Blank Spaces?

You may notice that in some of my posts there are blank spaces in the reviews. These are spoilers that I've written so I can remember important details of the books when I want to read the sequel. I've made the text a beige color to blend in with the background so you won't accidentally see something you don't want to. If you want to read it, just highlight the section to make the text appear - although you should really just read the book yourself! :)

Monday, January 26, 2009

House of Dark Shadows

by Robert Liparulo


Not the greatest book to read at night, but that's what I did! When lots of this book occurs in and around a creepy, creaky, dark and mysterious house in the woods where sounds seem to shift, doors lead to places they shouldn't and strange figures appear in the hallways at night...well...it can kinda give you the creeps!

It's an interesting little book, though. It's the start of a series (I knew it this time) so there are a LOT of loose ends upon reaching the last page. In fact, the author even ends the last page with the phrase "NOT the end". I'm hoping in the continuing books we'll get more explanation as to why the house is the way it is! I've already got books 2 and 3 on hold at the library, so hopefully I'll be writing about those soon!

No comments: