Why Are There All These Blank Spaces?

You may notice that in some of my posts there are blank spaces in the reviews. These are spoilers that I've written so I can remember important details of the books when I want to read the sequel. I've made the text a beige color to blend in with the background so you won't accidentally see something you don't want to. If you want to read it, just highlight the section to make the text appear - although you should really just read the book yourself! :)

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The False Princess

by Eilis O'Neal


Unfortunately, I've neglected writing this blog for a very long time and therefore I'm probably not going to be as detailed as I'd like. However, I did write down some notes on the book when I finished it, so I do remember something!

The False Princess is a unique story about a girl named Nalia who suddenly learns that she's not who she thought she was. She's not actually the princess of Thorvaldor, and he name is not Nalia. She's been playing the part of the princess so the real one could be hidden away, safe from her prophesied death before the age of 16. But Nalia, or Sinda (as she's learned her name really is) in now 16 and very much alive. The King and Queen and their magicians are sending Sinda to live with her aunt so the real princess can come take her rightful place.

Sinda is shocked and crushed and goes without a fight. However, after finding life with her aunt unfulfilling, missing her friend Kiernan, and discovering she has magic, Sinda travels back to Thorvaldor where she soon discovers that the plot to conceal the princess is not all it seemed.

Interesting, a few surprising twists, and Kiernan is great.

No comments: