Why Are There All These Blank Spaces?

You may notice that in some of my posts there are blank spaces in the reviews. These are spoilers that I've written so I can remember important details of the books when I want to read the sequel. I've made the text a beige color to blend in with the background so you won't accidentally see something you don't want to. If you want to read it, just highlight the section to make the text appear - although you should really just read the book yourself! :)

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Once Upon a Marigold

by Jean Ferris


This is a super cute book. It's silly and fun, and not to be taken too seriously. I loved it.

Ed the troll comes across a 6-year old boy when out scavenging one day. The boy, named Christian, has run away from home and refuses to go back. Ed reluctantly takes him in and raises him. Fast forward 12 years and Christian is a curious young man, who loves to build and cook but has few friends. He begins a correspondence via carrier pigeons with the young princess across the river from the cave he shares with Ed. The princess, Marigold, and Christian soon become best friends, even though they both know they will likely never meet. Although we all know they certainly will - this is a fairy tale after all!

The reason I only gave it four stars? The stuff with the tooth fairy just seemed very odd and out of place to me. The rest was adorable, a bit hokey at times, but enjoyable for all it's silliness.

No comments: