Why Are There All These Blank Spaces?

You may notice that in some of my posts there are blank spaces in the reviews. These are spoilers that I've written so I can remember important details of the books when I want to read the sequel. I've made the text a beige color to blend in with the background so you won't accidentally see something you don't want to. If you want to read it, just highlight the section to make the text appear - although you should really just read the book yourself! :)

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wondrous Strange

by Lesley Livingston

Finally a book worth being excited over!

Wondrous Strange is a lovely mix of fantasy (faeries specifically), danger, battles (with descriptions not too lengthy as to bore you), humor and romance.

I particularly loved the part when Sonny yelled "Seelie witch!" To say much more would spoil the story. :)

Despite this book being part of a series, the book itself does resolve! It seems like half of the series I read are plagued by cliff-hanger endings and lack of resolution in each individual novel. If there is no resolution, then the book should not be over! Wondrous Strange, however, avoids this pitiful, for which I am glad.

A satisfying entry, while still making me eager for more!

I do believe faeries are gradually becoming one of my favorite fantasy sub-categories!

No comments: