Why Are There All These Blank Spaces?

You may notice that in some of my posts there are blank spaces in the reviews. These are spoilers that I've written so I can remember important details of the books when I want to read the sequel. I've made the text a beige color to blend in with the background so you won't accidentally see something you don't want to. If you want to read it, just highlight the section to make the text appear - although you should really just read the book yourself! :)

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Notes from the Tilt-A-Whirl

by N. D. Wilson


I like this book.

It's not really my typical genre of choice, but since it's by N. D. Wilson, and I love his writing so much, I had to read it.

Wilson's distinct style of writing is evident throughout the book, however I did find that the beginning and the end of the book were my favorite parts. They seemed to flow better and have a more evident purpose. The middle section was not bad, but it had a more "stream of consciousness" style of writing, and sometimes I forgot what was being discusses, and other times it seemed Wilson was repeating himself. However, some truly wonderful gems in corners of this book, and the deliciousness that is N. D. Wilson's voice earn this book it's 4-star rating.

No comments: