Why Are There All These Blank Spaces?

You may notice that in some of my posts there are blank spaces in the reviews. These are spoilers that I've written so I can remember important details of the books when I want to read the sequel. I've made the text a beige color to blend in with the background so you won't accidentally see something you don't want to. If you want to read it, just highlight the section to make the text appear - although you should really just read the book yourself! :)

Monday, February 15, 2010

Wake

by Lisa McMann


Wake is the beginning of a series about a girl named Janie who finds herself pulled into other peoples' dreams. She can't help it. If someone in the same room as her falls asleep Janie is along for the ride. This makes life increasingly difficult for Janie as she can't control or predicted when she'll be pulled into a dream, she can't pull herself out of the dreams, and she loses control of her body during them.

I enjoyed the premise of this book a lot. The characters were ok and the story moved quickly with some interesting twists. The things I didn't like were the drinking and drug use by teens that's not always portrayed as bad, as well as a bit too much swearing for my tastes. But I liked the story enough to make me want to continue the series.

No comments: