Why Are There All These Blank Spaces?

You may notice that in some of my posts there are blank spaces in the reviews. These are spoilers that I've written so I can remember important details of the books when I want to read the sequel. I've made the text a beige color to blend in with the background so you won't accidentally see something you don't want to. If you want to read it, just highlight the section to make the text appear - although you should really just read the book yourself! :)

Friday, January 29, 2010

Jinx

by Meg Cabot


Jinx is the story of Jean Honeychurch who earned the nickname "Jinx" due to here incredibly bad luck. Whenever Jean's around things seem to go wrong. At the moment she was born there was a blackout in the hospital and some patients had to be flown to other hospitals. Jean is now moving in with her Aunt and Uncle and their three kids in New York City, because of an incident back home. Jean is looking forward to spending time with her cousin Tori, who is her age, but before long she realizes Tori is not the same person she remembers. Tori is up to something, but she's not the only one keeping secrets....

I liked this book because it's by Meg Cabot and her books are funny. However, Jinx is a bit naive and slow to figure things out which is kind of annoying. Also, there were some "witchy" elements to the story that I thought were a little too real-to-life to be portrayed positively. Not bad, but not my favorite.

1 comment:

R! said...

Hi!
Come check out my blog: hungergamesseries.blogspot.com!