Why Are There All These Blank Spaces?

You may notice that in some of my posts there are blank spaces in the reviews. These are spoilers that I've written so I can remember important details of the books when I want to read the sequel. I've made the text a beige color to blend in with the background so you won't accidentally see something you don't want to. If you want to read it, just highlight the section to make the text appear - although you should really just read the book yourself! :)

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Quotes

"If I read a book that impresses me, I have to take myself firmly in hand before I mix with other people; otherwise they would think my mind rather queer."
-Anne Frank

"Books are a finer world within the world."
-Alexander Smith

"Show me the books he loves and I shall know the man far better than through mortal friends."
-Unknown

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."
-Marcus Tullius Cicero

"I would rather be poor in a cottage full of books than a king without the desire to read."
-Thomas Babington Macaulay

"The one thing I regret is that I will never have time to read all the books I want to read."
-F. Sagan

"A book is a gift you can open again and again."
-Garrison Keillor

"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you've lost a friend."
-Paul Sweeney

"Books are a uniquely portable magic."
-Stephen King

"Books are a narcotic."
-Franz Kafka

"Book lovers will understand me, and they will know too that part of the pleasure of a library lies in its very existence."
-Jan Morris

"Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them!  How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them."
-Arnold Lobel

No comments: