Why Are There All These Blank Spaces?

You may notice that in some of my posts there are blank spaces in the reviews. These are spoilers that I've written so I can remember important details of the books when I want to read the sequel. I've made the text a beige color to blend in with the background so you won't accidentally see something you don't want to. If you want to read it, just highlight the section to make the text appear - although you should really just read the book yourself! :)

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fablehaven

by Brandon Mull


Fablehaven is awesome! All 3 of them are awesome. They are by Brandon Mull and he is awesome! (haHA! Could I use the word "awesome" anymore? I bet I can!)

The books are about a brother and sister team - Seth and Kendra - who go stay with the grandparents one summer only to discover they live on a magical creature preserve. Years ago the magical creatures of myths and fairy tales used to live out in nature among humans. But as the human population grew these creatures needed a refuge. Many preserves were created for them around the world and each preserves is watched over by a caretaker. Seth's and Kendra's grandparents have this job. As they spend time on the preserve Kendra and Seth learn more about the different kinds of magical creatures and the histories of the preserves - they also get into quite a bit of trouble!

I will not compare it to Harry Potter because I just don't think that's fair to any book. But they do have a lot of the same fun and adventure as the early Harry Potters did.

It's got magical creatures and funny dialog and adventure and peril and butt-kicking and funny names and all things great!

Only think it's missing is a bit of romance. But there are supposed to be a least 2 more books coming and the last one hinted at a little romance so I'm hoping that problem will be alleviated soon!

In short, they are really fun books, great for kids and adults and I bet they're gonna get really popular soon - so when they do, remember I told you about them first! :)

No comments: