Why Are There All These Blank Spaces?

You may notice that in some of my posts there are blank spaces in the reviews. These are spoilers that I've written so I can remember important details of the books when I want to read the sequel. I've made the text a beige color to blend in with the background so you won't accidentally see something you don't want to. If you want to read it, just highlight the section to make the text appear - although you should really just read the book yourself! :)

Monday, July 6, 2009

Fame, Glory, and Other Things on My To-Do List

by Janette Rallison


This is my 4th Janette Rallison book, and once again she has made me laugh out loud one minute and cringe the next as her characters do ridiculous things and find themselves in even more ridiculous situations.

In Fame, Glory, and Other Things on My To-Do List, Jessica wants to get the lead in her high school play, graduate, move to Hollywood and become a famous actress. When mysterious new guy Jordan turns out the be the son of a famous actor, Jessica's dreams seem that much closer to becoming a reality. However, through a series of mishaps, Jessica manages to make Jordan mad at her as well as miss out on a major part in the upcoming musical "West Side Story".

A large part of this book is taken up by rehearsals and the performance of the play. Rallison does a pretty good job of describing the scenes, although I do think it would have been helpful to have actually seen the play or movie "West Side Story" before reading this. However, despite this it was still an enjoyable book. Jordan and Jessica are hilarious, as are the various other student actors and actresses. Rallison's got me hooked - I plan on reading more of her books soon!

No comments: