Why Are There All These Blank Spaces?

You may notice that in some of my posts there are blank spaces in the reviews. These are spoilers that I've written so I can remember important details of the books when I want to read the sequel. I've made the text a beige color to blend in with the background so you won't accidentally see something you don't want to. If you want to read it, just highlight the section to make the text appear - although you should really just read the book yourself! :)

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stoneheart

by Charlie Fletcher


Another one of Dani's and my spot-it-on-the-bookstore-shelves find, Stoneheart is the story of George, a boy who, in an angry moment, broke the head off a statue outside a museum in London. In doing so he slips into an alternate London, and un-London where the statues come to life. And many of these statues are bent on his destruction. George finds help in some unlikely places. Together they run all over the city trying to find a way for George to make amends for his act of anger. The problem is, George holds no fondness for his old life, while his love for his new friends grow. If George makes amends, will he lose them forever? If he doesn't, how can he hope to escape from the murderous statues who will continue to hunt him down?

I really enjoyed this book (the start of a series). It was unlike anything I've read before. At the end of the book the author states that all the statues in the story are real - they actually exist in the city of London. It makes me really want to see them in person! Then ending teases at more mysteries yet to come which will undoubtedly be explored in the next book, Ironhand. I'm eager for more!

No comments: